Asher’s Chocolate Company
New 125,000 SF Chocolate Manufacturing Facility
WEBBER/SMITH was tasked with designing a new facility that integrated a manufacturing facility with the operations of a corporate headquarters, retail factory outlet and distribution facility.
Asher’s Chocolates has been making fine chocolates since 1892 and now produces more than 8 million pounds of chocolate covered candy per year. As part of Asher’s plan to modernize and upgrade to cope with growing demand for their products, a 31-acre site was purchased in Central Pennsylvania. WEBBER/SMITH was contracted to provide a full range of design services to integrate a new corporate headquarters, retail factory outlet, manufacturing operations, and a distribution center all on one site.
A conceptual plan was developed to assure efficient utilization of the new processing site. WEBBER/SMITH coordinated the compliance review with governing officials to ensure compliance with all utility and food safety regulations.
Asher’s new facility has allowed the company to produce at an increased capacity to meet growing consumer and market demand for premium chocolate.
- Developed a site utilization plan and conceptual design plan that included product and people flow schematics
- Manufacturing operation required the design of various room temperatures, humidity and ventilation controls.
- Corporate offices included a 2-story, 20,0002FT design.
- Manufacturing operations included a pressure gradient design plan throughout the various areas of the plant
- Construction took place in phases, so design allowed for future expansions.
THE WEBBER/SMITH GROUP®
20 Wright Ave
Lititz, PA 17543
WEBBER/SMITH Associates, Inc.
AE Design, Inc.
EA Design Concepts, Inc.
WEBBER/SMITH Associates, Inc., AE Design, Inc. and EA Design Concepts, Inc., currently provide Engineering and Architectural services in those states in which they are authorized. WEBBER/SMITH Associates, Inc., AE Design, Inc., EA Design Concepts, Inc. are not licensed to directly provide Structural Engineering services in the State of Illinois. Structural Engineering services can be provided through our Illinois licensed Structural design partners.