WEBBER/SMITH recognizes the importance of collaboration, personal growth, and employee involvement. We believe that our team, and the values that they bring to the organization, are what sets us apart. Our customers know us for the partnerships that we form and the solutions that we create together.
Contact us for more info.
Please view our open positions below.
We are seeking process designers to join our team. The successful candidate shall possess an Associates or a BS degree in Mechanical or Biological Engineering. Experience with designing / engineering food processing operations would be a plus.
WEBBER/SMITH is a multi-discipline EA firm located in Lititz, PA and specializing in the design of food processing facilities and low temperature food storage and distribution facilities for over 40 years. As such, the corporation is a national leader in this field with projects in nearly every state. Our clients include some of the largest food companies in the USA (and the World) as well as some of the largest contractors in the USA.
- Work as part of a project team to facilitate all aspects of Process Design from conceptual through final design and provide construction support services.
- Conduct site surveys to determine conformance with design intent during construction and to evaluate existing conditions during design.
- Have knowledge of compliance requirements and industry standards associated with food processing
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and have strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience and a working understanding of computer programs, (Word, Excel, etc.) and show proficiency in the latest version AutoCAD. Proficiency in Revit would be a plus.
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k)/401(k) Matching
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Some travel is required.
Senior Refrigeration Engineer / Design Specialist
This position has responsibility to plan, schedule, conduct / coordinate detailed phases of engineering work for assigned projects; perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features. Work requires a broad knowledge of engineering all types of refrigeration systems used in food processing and storage, along with knowledge of refrigeration system controls.
This position also requires a detailed knowledge of, and development of OSHA Process Safety Management and EPA Risk Management Plans related to ammonia systems. This includes conducting Hazard Analysis and Compliance Audits.
- Must be an effective communicator with client, design team, and contractors in resolving and maintaining project direction.
- Work independently and is technically capable of providing the most detailed calculations and specifications required to develop and define refrigeration systems and layouts.
- Evaluate and recommend most refrigeration design philosophies for projects and determine engineering systems to be provided to meet the project program and client needs.
- Direct work efforts of other engineers and designers
- Research and apply code requirements and IIAR design standards in design including all necessary contacts with the appropriate local officials to ensure proper code compliance.
- Prepare project specifications.
- Responsible for review of project submittals and shop drawings.
- Conduct site surveys to determine conformance with design intent during construction and to evaluate existing refrigeration system conditions during design.
- Evaluate and respond to field questions; evaluate contractor alternates during bidding and construction. Makes recommendations for the resolution of conflicts.
- May assist the Discipline Leader in training other engineers and designers on technical related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) plus appropriate continuing education. Ten (10) years or more of related technical experience in industrial refrigeration design.
- Must be familiar with the capabilities and limitations of Revit and AutoCAD
- Must possess discipline-related knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines including IIAR standards, OSHA’s PSM and the EPA’s RMP.
- Must be experienced in working with Windows programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel as well as discipline specific programs.
Work Environment / Location:
- Remote work arrangements that do not require relocation will be considered.
- The position will require occasional in-person engagement by working in our Lancaster, PA office.
- The position will also require travel to client job sites.
Job Length: Full Time
Travel %: Up to 50%
Salary: $85,000 – $110,000; compensation will be contingent on credentials and level of experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, HSA, HRA, 401K with Employer Match, Bonus Program.
At WEBBER/SMITH, we’re always looking to expand our team with talent and experience in all positions. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume or any questions you may have.
20 Wright Ave
Lititz, PA 17543
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that WEBBER/SMITH Assoc., Inc., AE Design, Inc. or EA Design Concepts, Inc. collectively referred to as “WEBBER/SMITH” do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, WEBBER/SMITH will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, WEBBER/SMITH explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of WEBBER/SMITH.