We are seeking electrical designers to join our collaborative team. The successful candidate shall possess a minimum 5 years of experience designing Electrical Distribution, Fire Alarm and Lighting systems within an MEP engineering consulting firm environment.
- Tabulate overall facility loads collected form all involved trades and layout power distribution systems that accommodate the facility power needs.
- Select lighting fixtures from available industry resources that meet the needs of each individual space within the facility, perform photometric calculations and model the lighting in REVIT.
- Model power distribution equipment in REVIT, manage loads in REVIT based panel schedules and size services, feeders and branch circuits according to the NEC and industry best practices.
- Develop site lighting designs with photometric results, circuiting plans and layout details used for permitting and construction drawings.
- Represent the company in external and internal collaborative design meetings, present design concepts and accept feedback on coordination of detailed design elements.
- Take responsibility for design decisions and collaborate with senior design professionals.
- Continued formal and informal continuing education to improve design and drafting skills.
- Some travel to project sites to collect existing information and document construction activities and progress.
- Work as part of a project team to facilitate all aspects of MEP Coordination and Building Design from conceptual through final design and provide construction support services.
- Have knowledge of code compliance requirements and industry standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and have strong oral and written communications skills.
- Work proficiency in the latest version of REVIT and understand BIM workflows.
- Experience and a working understanding of computer programs (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Basic understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and how to apply the code requirements to emerging electrical designs.
- Associates Degree in specialized technology from a technical school specializing Computer Aided Drafting and Design.
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k)/401(k) Matching
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off