Ultra-High Temperature Plant Continues Expanding
After building a plant designed to produce ultra-high temperature processed products, demand for Ultra Dairy’s extended shelf-life products continued to grow. Following up on the initial facility design, AE Design, Inc. was contracted for five more expansions to the DeWitt, NY plant.
In 2003, Byrne Dairy decided the best way to boost sales was to expand its territory. To do so, their products needed a longer shelf life. Because of their reputation in the dairy industry, Ultra Dairy contracted AE Design to design-bid a new ultra-high temperature plant to be located in DeWitt, NY. Since 2006, the plant has undergone extensive expansion and modernization upgrades, boosting its dairy products shelf life from 20 days to 180 days. AE Design’s services have continued to support expansions that added 45,000 sq ft of new processing, packaging, receiving, shipping, and dry storage areas on the site. Infrastructure expansions have included a new refrigeration compressor room, electrical rooms, boiler room, and process utility mezzanines.
In 2013, AE Design was contracted again to design a 120,000 sq ft addition for 7 new filling and packaging lines and the associated utility upgrades needed for increasing capacity. Although Ultra has placed this expansion on hold pending revisions to their product line, AE Design has been trusted with the recent design for a 10,000 SF processing/filling addition and the design of Ultra’s current project consisting of a 35,000 sq ft Cooler/Dock Expansion and 4,000 SF processing expansion.
- Developed a Master Plan for the original UHT plant
- AE Design provided Design/Bid and Construction Follow up Services
- Provided Schematic Design and Development Services to clearly define the scope of each expansion.
- Competed a Refrigeration Stud to allow for the central refrigeration system to support future expansions.
- Generated all documents for construction and managed the bidding process