FAGE USA Dairy Industry
Yogurt Production & Distribution Expansion
Because of FAGE’s authentic recipe, AE Design, Inc. designed a facility which took the right combination of pasteurization, separation, and culture processes to meet the specific consistency of their thick and creamy Greek yogurt product.
Success creates trust, which is exemplified by our relationship with FAGE USA. Our design/bid of their new Greek yogurt facility in 2006, has been followed by 5 expansion phases through 2016. In 2008, FAGE first opened their new state-of-the- art, $148.3M manufacturing site. AE Design, Inc. was contracted to design the new 145,00ft2 facility which housed 4 filling lines, 5 packaging lines, cooling tunnels and a +40°F warehouse. The completely automated process maintains high levels of hygiene and safety during operation. 4 milk silos at the site provide a storage capacity of 400,000 gallons of unpasteurized milk, 10,000 pallets of finished goods and 19,000 gallons of pasteurized cream.
FAGE’s continued new product development over the years, has led AE Design, Inc. to lead 5 expansions since 2011, adding 285,200 sq ft to the facility. The Johnstown, NY site allows FAGE to manufacture their world renown Greek yogurt to distribute nationally.
- AE Design provided Design/Bid Services
- Plant is equipped with high density AS/RS system featuring more than 1600 pallet positions, 23 pick lanes and a 4 level rack system.
- Phase II expanded the cooler, added two bays for receiving milk and an office addition.
- Phase III included dry storage, Fruit Cooler, new CIP Room.
- Phase IV involved designing a cooler warehouse, more docks, and the AS/RS system.
- Phase V added filling Lines, new palletizers, incubation and storage.
- Final Phase added a milk separator and employee amenities.
THE WEBBER/SMITH GROUP®
20 Wright Ave
Lititz, PA 17543
WEBBER/SMITH Associates, Inc.
AE Design, Inc.
EA Design Concepts, Inc.
WEBBER/SMITH Associates, Inc., AE Design, Inc. and EA Design Concepts, Inc., currently provide Engineering and Architectural services in those states in which they are authorized. WEBBER/SMITH Associates, Inc., AE Design, Inc., EA Design Concepts, Inc. are not licensed to directly provide Structural Engineering services in the State of Illinois. Structural Engineering services can be provided through our Illinois licensed Structural design partners.